Products > Static Var Generators and Active Power Filters
Static Var Generators and Active Power Filters
Power quality issues in industries arise due to non-linear loads such as DC drives, VFDs, welding equipment, switching mode power supplies, PC and peripheral devices and more. These non-linear loads cause harmonic distortion, low power factor and three phase unbalancing.
Active Power Filters (APFs) and Static Var Generators (SVGs)are power electronics devices which work on the principle of Digital Signal Processing to compensate power quality problems in complex electrical networks.The active power filter provides dynamic harmonic elimination to the connected non-linear load in parallel. APF detects load current through external CTs on-line and analyzes harmonic component of the load current by DSP controller. Compared to the load current harmonic, APF injects a current with the same amplitude and opposite direction to source harmonics in order to eliminate current harmonics.
Similarly, Static Var Generator detects load current through external CTs and analyzes reactive component of the load current by DSP controller. It then compensate the load reactive current to meet the target power factor.
- Modular design; each module provides independent compensation.
- Available in wall mounted / cabinet type.
- Expandable upto 16 modules, 10 cabinets in parallel (max. output 7500A).
- Line structures: three-phase three-wire, three-phase four-wire.
- Harmonic elimination upto 61st
- Dual reactive compensation (capacitive and inductive); PF>0.99.
- Uses Texas Instruments DSP chip.
- Easy installation and maintenance.